Where it’s possible to study dentistry in Central Europe



There are quite a few universities in Central Europe where one can study dentistry. One of the best colleges for dentistry in the European Union is the Central European University. Ever year students from more than 30 member states apply and get accepted to the Central European University. It is globally recognized and accredited in Hungary. As of 2016 applicants would have to take tests in order to prove their linguistic skills. The test is known as the European Languages Certificates. The most popular university for dentistry, in Slovakia, is the Safarik University in Kosice where the annual tuition fee would amount to 9000 EUR and examinations take place in June and August. Residence could cost up to 190 EUR a month. Anyone wishing to apply to the college would have to give Biology and Chemistry exams and pass these with satisfactory results to be considered a student of the institution.

Another popular university in Slovakia is the Comenius University in Bratislava. Most students here know English and German and students are required to sit through Biology and Chemistry multiple choice questions tests. The fee for students studying dentistry in the country is 10.000 EUR. Students applying in these member states would have to take certain standardized tests. A student wanting to go to a German university must pass the Abitur test while those wanting to go to France must pass the le bac test. These are just some of the various tests that students would have to take. In addition to this students may be required to take biology and chemistry related tests to prove their knowledge in science. Since there is no widely accepted or recognized degree in the European Union, you must get the ‘statement of comparability’, to see, how your degree compares with the degree offered at the university of your choice (presuming that you are studying in another EU country). It is important that you take to your university about contacting the ENIC/NARIC center in order to get a comparison as to how your degree compares with the degrees offered in another EU member state. The statement of comparability is the same though the comparability itself may differ in every member state. That is dependent upon the rules and regulations of the state itself.

As would be the case in quite a few other countries, dentists are required to take tests in order to get a license to practice in the EU member states. Anyone wishing to practice within the EU must read the EU manual of dental practice to understand the rules that one must follow to qualify and work as a dentist in these member states. Likewise, dentists that have completed their education from one of the EU member states must pass the examination that they are required to sit as per the rules laid down by the country’s government. Hence, there are requirements for anyone practicing inside or outside the European Union.